SPRAY-ON INSULATION FOR FIRE PROTECTION, SOUND REDUCTION, CONDENSATION AND THERMAL CONTROL.
SpreFix™ spray-on insulation provides you with a professional and cost effective shortcut to the very good insulation. A smart multi-functional solution for fire protection, sound insulation, thermal insulation and condensation control.
• SpreFix™ attaches effectively on concrete, wood, plaster, steel and aluminum.
• SpreFix™ is applied in a homogeneous insulating layer without joints or reinforcement.
• SpreFix™ insulation can be painted or covered with fiberglass for increased impact resistance and easier cleaning.
• SpreFix™ materials can be effectively glued directly on the surface, and the risk of corrosion or decay in the insulation material is eliminated.
SpreFix™ has the ability to bind and return the condensed humidity very quickly and to a greater extent than any other material on the market, eliminating potential moisture related problems such as corrosion and rot.
SpreFix™ absorbs moisture when exposed to condensation. The moisture is delivered relatively quickly by dehydration.Both humidification and drying up of the wall elements with SpreFix™ is approximately nine times faster than that of wall panels with mineral wool or foam.
A 15 mm thin layer is normally sufficient to prevent condensation.
SpreFix™ is a unique adhesive spray-on material that differs markedly from prefabricated parts in several ways. Material is available in two versions:
• SpreFix™ G is a fiber product of glasswool and classified under the EU-Class 0; biodegradable glass materials. This is used for thermal insulation, acoustics, condensation control and interior structure. SpreFix™ G is white, non-flammable and has a density of 45-55 kg/m3.
• SpreFix™ S is a fiber product of rockwool and has the same characteristics as SpreFix™ G in terms of acoustic insulation, condensation control and thermal insulation,
but is used where there are requirements for fire insulation. SpreFix™ S is gray and has a density of 140-160 kg/m3.
In both cases the materials are free from additives such as solvents, asbestos, cement or silicates.
SpreFix™ achieves their properties through its patented binder system. The spray moment brings the binder, which is an aqueous solution of polyvinylalkohol polymes (LPA) and curing agent disodium (LPB). It solidifies into a gel-like structure together with mineral fiber, when it hits the surface to be insulated.
The cured polyvinylalkohol polym is insoluble in water, which makes the insulation dries out quickly in contrast to any other insulating material whose binder contains thickeners which swells in water.
Furthermore, the cured polyvinylalkoholpolymeren "shrinks” and provides an airy, well-adherent form solid insulation.
These products, together or separately, emits no toxic fumes in fire.